Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One year anniversary of blogging.


Today marks one year of posting on this blog.  Honestly I had no idea I would doing it for one year, I had told others I had better things to do. But here it is 12 months later and 219 posts done and it looks like we will keep going. Frankly this is not one of those big time blogs in that the hits generally average about 400 monthly or 100 a week or so. But again I was not expecting too many hits since this blog concentrates on a very small portion of the financial community and we do no advertising other than a facebook post. Derivative investing and trading is for the rare few willing to take big reasoned chances to make above average returns knowing the losses could be significant. I do know there are some readers who read this blog for the purpose of taking advantage of the heavy research I do on a regular basis and that is fine too. 

If you have been a regular reader you by now know my political persuasion and how I consider such when taking positions. As I said at the start good traders use even bad political environments to their advantage.  One old seasoned investor one time told me that if someone wants to make a fool of themselves and offer you opportunities do not quibble with them, just take the opportunities and smile. So be it in the current situation.  

Some stats for the interested.  12 month figures. Just over 4800 hits, 10 countries with US by far the largest and Russia number two, mostly Internet Explorer with Firefox browsers next, very few mobile hits, " High Cost of Electricity" highest readership due to a link with the Beaufort Observer, 

As we move forward in this blogging adventure I want to thank those who read these postings as the numbers give me some appreciation that maybe something I post has some meaning and help to those reading them.  I am most pleased that as 2012 begins the numbers for each posting seem to be moving up. Maybe that is due to everyone starting a new year and being optimistic. 

             

No comments:

Post a Comment