Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two added positions, two subtracted positions.

I will be adding 2 stocks and subtracting 2 stocks from my trading list when the market opens Monday April 18. As part of my full disclosure I am posting this today two days prior to initiation of positions. I am not recommending these positions, just that these stocks fit my trading requirements at this time.

PBI added...Pitney Bowes..this is one of the oldest stock companies in the country. Most people are familiar with their mail processing equipment. I have been opposed to investing in this stock for many years as their product mix is in decline mode and the use of mail was declining. However I have decided the decline of mail has begun to bottom out and PBI's competitors have fallen away due the inability to compete with PBI's larger size. Some company will survive in this sector and I believe PBI is the one. Frankly this has some of the same approach of tobacco investing as being in business with the government via the Post Office. PBI also has a solid almost 6% dividend and is a dividend aristocrat.

LLY added...Eli Lilly is a main line pharmaceutical company. It has huge patent problems this year and has been beaten down significantly due to assumed sales and profit losses. I now think LLY has reached the bottom and now has no way to go but up, not that it is going up anytime soon. But it is safe and right now as with the other add above safe is important since I am concerned about the market going forward the next few months. LLY also has a nice near 6% dividend.

PGH subtracted...Pengrowth is an excellent Canadian oil driller and pays a good dividend. Frankly nothing wrong with the stock or company. I have just decided to place more position in ERF another Canadian oil company with a larger footprint. Upon the next options cycle ERF will become my largest holding.

RGC subtracted...Regal Cinema upon the next options cycle I will likely be called from my position in RGC. Regal is a good movie company, but frankly I am not a movie investor and only held RGC due to a huge special dividend back in December 2010. That dividend and another dividend has been gained, in addition to several option premiums. I will take a capital loss in this stock if sold this cycle, but pocketed a nice overall gain with the special dividend.

No comments:

Post a Comment