Tuesday, December 13, 2011

BCE continues to reward shareholders.

I do enjoy posting when I own securities that keep doing good things for shareholders. Especially if I have suggested you purchase such securities in past postings. BCE is one of those and this week rewarded shareholders again in a double dose.
 
BCE is the old Bell Canada, or the AT&T of our northern neighbor. Again if you read my postings you know I love Canadian stocks since the government there is doing the right things about getting it's fiscal house in order. Canada has good banking and makes good policy for business friendly investing. Also does not hurt that I pay taxes there on my investments and do not have to do so here. Sorta sticking to the man, read Obama, here in the USA.
 
BCE last week upped their dividend once again.  This time up 5% from $2.07 to $2.17 annual. For those keeping score that is 7 increases in the last three years. What's not to like there?  BCE also extended their share repurchase plan for another $250 million adding to the $1.5 billion they have done in the last three years as well. I like this company a lot and I like that they use cash to reward shareholders.  One other note BCE also added a PREPAYMENT to their retirement assets for employees, when have you heard news like that lately?  Obviously employee friendly too and that makes for good business.
 
The stock responded with a nice boost in price now pushing over $40 per share for a 5.4% dividend yield.  BCE is the largest telecom company in Canada and owns a good bit of the old legacy wire line assets. But like AT&T this company is moving business interests into wireless, data, video, and internet as well.  Growing revenue, growing profits, good balance sheet, and good governance maybe it is time for you to consider BCE for your portfolio.
 
I own BCE long and as a option.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment