Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jimmy V's Steakhouse

Posting note: The last two weeks I have been busy getting our son married and this week attending an annual conference so posting of regular investing topics is light. Next week I will be back to regular posting. In the meanwhile I appreciate your readership and enjoy some different small investor angles.

If a small town investor has done well with their investments nothing like a good steak will do to celebrate. Ok, I admit it the celebration was actually the rehearsal dinner for our soon to be married son. But that is beside the point. Frankly I like a really good steak and have tried a good number of local steakhouses. Here I am talking local steakhouses, not the chain steakhouses. I am also talking prime cut steakhouses, not the choice cut ones.

Last Friday night was my first visit to Jimmy V's in Cary NC. Enjoy this one State fans that a Carolina fan would go to Jimmy V's but the location was perfect for the dinner and the reviews good. Jimmy V's is in McGregor Center off of US 64 and frankly not easy to find since it is in back of the shopping complex. However it is easy to get to and the parking ample. Trust me the work to find Jimmys is worth the effort. The laid back enjoy yourself atmosphere makes this place just seem to say come on over after work and take a load off. You get both the ambience of a good NY style steakhouse with good old southern charm.

In our party not a complaint was heard. We tried many of their entrees including chicken, seafood, and two steak selections. My choice was a 16 oz. NY Strip Steak. There is little choice in sizes, but that goes along with traditional upscale steakhouses. The steak flavor was divine and the cooking perfect, medium rare my choice. The potato was also top notch as well, having been rubbed in sea salt and served topped as I like it with butter and sour cream. The service was superb. The staff was also extremely friendly and joined our celebration that added to the occasion. The manager kept in contact with us to make sure we had not only what we needed, but everything we desired to make the evening a success.

One complaint for the evening this meal just blew my diet completely. Having been losing weight since January 1 of this year the results of this fine meal will soon be weighting on me so to speak. Oh well, it is just one day and recovery can be found.

Also if you are not prepared to pay in three figures for a night out for two this is not your venue. Jimmy V's is an upper end steakhouse so you get the quality for which you pay. But this IS the best steakhouse at which I have ever dined and I will pay them the ultimate compliment of saying we will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment