Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Six months of blogging

Never in my mind did I think I would be blogging six months after starting this blog. Frankly the original purpose of this blog was to prove to myself and the person who encouraged me to start it that no one wanted to read my opinions and certainly not read about trading activities in my hedge fund.  So here I am six months later since the February 1, 2011 start date and I have been proved wrong.  The person who suggested I do it is enjoying my mea culpa.
 
The numbers truly surprise me over 2200 people have taken a look at the blog at one time or another from over 10 countries, the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, India, China, Singapore, France, and The Philippines.  Get this over 19 different software browsers, I had no idea there were that many browsers out there.
 
Highest readership, Aunt Wilma's Tomato Sandwiches, Long Time Gone-Scotch Bonnett Pier, Bernanke Washington Greece and You, Common Sense on the Price of Oil and Gasoline, and Jobs Report and My Conversation with a Small Businessperson, are the five highest postings and in that order. Strange that two non-financial posts would be the top readership of a financial blog.
 
Monthly regular readership is now over 500 and growing. Add in the fact that I was contacted about three weeks ago about a newspaper in North Carolina that wanted to publish these postings in their publication. Currently I prefer not to do that since I would be required to do something regularly and this is not supposed to be work. I might offer the postings to publications that would like to publish them on the condition they take it as I have time to do it and gratis. But I will have to think long about that.  I do know that doing this blog has lead me to doing irregular, soon to be regular, spots on a local radio station. 
 
Anyway thanks for the readership and frankly the ego boost. But trust me this is not for ego as the time spent doing this could be spent elsewhere since my time since retiring has been at a premium. So I begin the next six months of posting to this blog with financial matters, hedge fund trading and reports, and some fun stuff too. We will continue this journey and see where it goes. I have been blessed in many ways in this life, but the readers of this blog have added a yet another blessing since February 1, 2011.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment